game design-week 7- tools,time and rooms

Game Design – Week 7 – Tools, Time, and Rooms

CreativeCommons image Tool Stash by Meena Kadri at Flickr.com

SUMMARY

• This week was my finals week i worked on studying math and helped my dog after it got attacked.

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

• I watched a tutorial on how to transfer a video game onto steam. I had to save the game to drive then go to the “add non steam game”. When I got there I had to browse till found it and make sure it wasn’t a copy then import it in.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

• Your first game should always be small because no one starts off super good. you want to test it and fix the bugs you encounter because you will encounter some. you want it to be engaging not seeming like it would it NEEDS to be for it to be successful. Also don’t make the game to complex make it fun.

Game Genres from the Simplest and Most Difficult to Create

1. Racing Game
  2. Top-Down Shooter
  3. 2d Platformer
  4. Color Matching Puzzle Game
  5. 2D Puzzle Platformer
  6. 3D Platformer
  7. FPS
  8. JRPG
  9. Fighting Game
  10. Action Adventure
  11. Western RPG
  12. RTS

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

• i think my nemesis would be my brother because we always compete. i think I am just tryna win bragging rights.

STUDIO (GAME DESIGN)

• Set a timer
  • Spend up to 30 minutes in this ‘room’
  • some cool projects idea I think are is a shooter, adventure, puzzle, scifi, freeplay, and a battle royale
  • The Shooter: will be you going against an object of some type when you can move around the map. you can do missions bounties but you will also be hunted. nowhere is safe. The adventure one: will be you going around the screen finding passages collecting treasure and scrolls. Puzzle: puzzle one is you going through a maze being chased by the blob if it hits you your gonna have to restart. so don’t take the wrong turn. SciFi: in this game, you will be in a ship collecting rocks,meteors and scanning planets, not anything scary just a chill game, Freeplay: would kinda be like sims it’s just you living a normal life. battle royale: you have powers only and you are put into a match if you come out alive and the only one left you to win.
  • Review  Robin’s 5 Original Ideas for inspiration

WEEKLY ACTIVITY EVALUATION